Nelson City, New Zealand, is well-equipped with an array of fantastic eateries, but there are a few restaurants that are my “go-to” places. If you are moving to Nelson, it’s nice to know what restaurants have the best reputation.
Here are my 5 favourite restaurants in the Nelson area:
- HARRYS Restaurant & Bar – The asian cuisine at HARRYS is tasty and I’ve always had fast service. Harry’s has a great atmosphere for winding down on a Friday evening after a busy week.
- Hopgood’s Restaurant – Hopgood’s has exceptional food and is the perfect restaurant for a special occasion. It’s modern with a relaxing and casual environment. Hopgood’s was also rated the number one restaurant to eat in Nelson by TripAdvisor.
- Ford’s Restaurant & Bar – Ford’s has a nice variety of cafe-style and evening meals. Ford’s offers contemporary New Zealand dining in a relaxed and tasteful atmosphere.
- Stefano’s Pizzeria – Stefano’s has the best pizza in town and conveniently located above State Cinemas, it’s a great place to enjoy a glass of wine before a movie. Stefano’s takes pride in having real Italian pizza made by real Italians.
- Boat Shed Cafe – Boat Shed has my all time favourite “trust the chef” menu! It’s located right on the water with a cozy vibe.
What are your favourite restaurants in the Nelson area? I would love to hear from you – leave your comments below!